Thursday, February 23, 2017

167 - English

🐿😊

1. *The word with the correct spelling is*

A. Bourgeios
B. Buorgeois
C. Boorgeios
D. Bourgeois ✍🏻

2. *Pick out the plural form from the following*

A. Deer
B. Man
C. Bacteria✍🏻
D. Mouse

3. *The idiom _at sixes and sevens_ means*

A. As fast as possible
B. In a state of confusion✍🏻
C. Cause of dispute
D. At the last moment

4. *______ Mount Everest is situated in Nepal*

A. The
B. A
C. An
D. No article✍🏻

5. *The beggar _________ crying in a horrible voice*

A. Put forward
B. Put up with
C. Went on✍🏻
D. Put in

6. *Suresh said _Do you enjoy swimming_? (Change into indirect speech)*

A. Suresh asked me if I enjoyed swimming✍🏻
B. Suresh asked me if I enjoy swimming
C. Suresh asked me if I had enjoyed swimming
D. Suresh asked me if I have enjoyed swimming

7. *Spot the error*

Most students (a) ✍🏻/ from this group (b) / are included (c) / in the L.D Clerk rank list (d)

8. *A place were bees are kept*

A. Apiary✍🏻
B. Orchard
C. Aviary
D. Pen

9. *_I wish it wasn't raining_ means*

A. It is raining✍🏻
B. It isn't raining
C. It will rain
D. It wasn't raining

10. *The boy had finished his homework when __________*

A. I had called him
B. I call him
C. I called him✍🏻
D. I have called him

11. *One who knows everything*

A. Master
B. Scholar
C. Omniscient✍🏻
D. Omnipotent

12. *The older he got ________ he became*

A. more happier
B. happier
C. the happier✍🏻
D. happy

13. *Neither of the brothers knew the answers, ________*

A. Do they?
B. Did they?✍🏻
C. Didn't they?
D. Don't they?

14. *My father is employed _____ the railway*

A. at
B. on✍🏻
C. in
D. for

15. *If I _____ a bird I would fly home*

A. was
B.am
C. were✍🏻
D. had

16. *Keep some candles ready incase ___________*

A. electricity may fails
B. electricity fail
C. electricity has failed
D. electricity fails✍🏻

17. *You had better ________ a dictionary*

A. buying
B. to buy
C. buy✍🏻
D. bought

18. *_Who did this work_? Change the voice*

A. This work is done by whom
B. By whom had the work is done?
C. By whom was this work done?✍🏻
D. By whom did the work done?

19. *The operation ______ his pain but the injection _alleviated_ it. (Choose the word opposite in meaning to thr word in italics)*

A. Acquitted
B. Departed
C. Releaved
D. Aggravated ✍🏻

20. *Such elegant decor would impress even the _______*

A. _carpe diem_
B. _beau monde_✍🏻
C. _faux paus_
D. _annus mirabilis_